Kevin K. McCormick
E-mail: [email protected]
Kevin K. McCormick, a lifelong resident of the Northwest suburbs of Chicago concentrates his practice in the areas of corporate and business law, as well as commercial and intellectual property litigation in both state and federal courts. Kevin represents a variety of companies and other commercial parties in civil litigation matters, including breach of contract, fraud, consumer fraud, breach of fiduciary duty, partnership dissolution, and other business disputes. Kevin complements his broad litigation practice with a full array of transactional services, including contract review, drafting, and negotiation, business formation and corporate governance issues, leasing, real estate, manufacturing and distribution agreements, and mergers and acquisitions.
Kevin also borrows from his unique intellectual property background in the government sector with the United States Patent and Trademark Office, corporate sector with Kraft Foods, and now in the private sector, to provide an immeasurable range of IP transactional and litigation services to his clients.
Kevin is a member of the Illinois State Bar Association and the Lake County Bar Association where he is on the editorial board for The Docket.
- Illinois, 2005
- Northern District of Illinois, 2008
- Valparaiso University, J.D., cum laude, Honors Scholar, Entertainment Litigation and Intellectual Property/Technology Area of Concentration
- Carroll College, B.A., (History and Political Science) magna cum laude, Honors Program, George F. Kennan Fellow, Men’s Soccer Captain
- Defamation in the Age of Social Media, The Docket, Vol 25, No. 2, Feb. 2018.
- Of Course, You Can Hear Them Now, The Docket, Vol 24, No. 4, Apr. 2017.
- “Ding” You Are Now Free to Register that Sound, 96 The Trademark Reporter 1101 (September-October 2006).
- Extraordinary Ability and the English Premier League: The Immigration, Adjudication, and Place of Alien Athletes in American and English Society , 39 Valparaiso Univ. L. Rev 541 (2005).